Sunday, June 15, 2008

Dad's Rule

Yea for Daddies!! Dad's are quite amazing in all they do. The two major dads in my life are my own, and the daddy of Sally and Fredrika. I'll tell you a few things that make them awesome.

Before Sally Rose came along, I honestly didn't know how Bill would be as a dad of a baby. I always knew he'd be great with older kids, but he had never spent a lot of time around the little ones. Soon after he entered the world of fatherhood, I was happily surprised by how hands on and comfortable he was (and is) with her. He changed diapers and gave baths from the very beginning. There were times, only he could soothe her. They have such a special bond. I love to see Sally light up when Dada comes home at the end of the day. I also love to see how he lights up when she comes up to him. I see Bill as being a kind of Atticus Finch type dad, which is a huge compliment. He also has a silly side, especially when it comes to entertaining his kids. He's often seen marching around the house singing "in a dazzling promenade" in an awesomely loud Broadway voice. Sally loves "hopping on pop" and Bill is pleased to let her. He's also an amazing role model. I feel so blessed to have a worthy priesthood holder as the father of my children. I'm excited to see Bill as the dad of two. Soon enough, I suppose. I love him so much. He's an amazing man and an amazing father.

My dad is a fantastic man. Thinking about him makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. He is the most generous person I have ever met. Growing up, I was always witnessing his kindness in action. Whether it was giving change to a homeless person or providing someone with a place to stay, his kindness was always apparent. He is also a fun dad. I fondly remember watching Bugs Bunny every Saturday morning with him and not knowing which of us was enjoying it more. He took me on special daddy daughter dates and was the best at tickler around. He is also a great role model. He honors his priesthood and is always willing to give good advice. I can think of conversations we've had that have had lasting impacts on my life. He has always shown such love and respect for my mom. When I was dating, he was always the measure of what to look for. He set the bar pretty high. He's also one of the smartest, most charismatic people you will ever meet. He knows so much about so many things and can always tell you in an engaging and non demeaning way. Maybe I'll introduce you, then you'll know that it's the truth that my dad, my dad's the greatest guy you know.

5 comments:

Emily said...

two great guys! it's cute to hear how much you love them.

sally is very lucky to have such a great dad AND mom!

Emily said...

and... Fredericka?

Amy said...

So sweet. I agree...our dad, our dad's the greatest guy in town. He's very unique. There's no one quite like him. We are so blessed! And Bill's cool too!

Mrs. Grigg said...

love the last line! that was a good father's day song. That picture is perfect of you and your dad.

Becky said...

Yea for daddies! I like both of those guys too.