Sunday, February 22, 2009
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Sally is a sweetie for sure, though a sick one right now. We're trying to potty train a little bit, as evidenced in the picture, but we havn't been very or even remotely successful yet. She does look cute in her new undies, though.
This girl is all about singing these days. It is so adorable I can hardly stand it. She sings some real songs, but also makes up songs. Songs with awesome melodies and awesome words. Things like, "Stickers with animals and pretty colors". It's a Sally lyric original! Also, last Sunday, she enjoyed singing along with the hymns. Simply awesome.
One last thing about Sally. She loves holding hands. She asks to at the dinner table, relaxing on the couch, and even when I'm driving. (I have to turn her down on that one) She very often holds Alice's hand- especially in the car. What a sweetie.
Alice starting really rolling today! Earlier, she had a few rolls that were more flukes than anything, but this evening, they were real. It still takes her some time, but she definitely can do it. The hardest part is getting her arms in the right spot. She often tries with her arms airplaned out, like in this picture. I didn't know if I would be as excited about milestones the second time around, but I am so excited and proud of my little Alice!!
Alice also loves her tootsies these days. She loves to hold them and eat them and roll onto her side while going after them. She even tries to get them when she's in her Bumbo. In shoes, or bare toed, the girl loves her feet.
Friday, February 13, 2009
- She likes it that I can still skateboard.
- Barbecue pork topped with carmelized onions and apple. She always makes something tasty to eat.
- Her genetic code is replicated in our two wonderful daughters.
- She'll go to garage sales and thrift stores with me.
- She'll watch movies with me.
- The girls have a truly dedicated mother who loves them.
- She planted a nice herb garden last year with plans for another one this year.
- She's very nice to her violin students and only scares them on accident.
- She teaches Sally a variety of songs to sing.
- She does most of the blog work.
- She makes our house seem like a home.
- She initiates most of our fun plans.
- She is very sensible with purchases.
- Good friendship skills. She's made many friends and admirers here in Georgia.
- She takes the girls to the library every week.
- She only makes positive comments about my lame hair.
- Always up for having fun.
- Will play video games occasionally.
- She'll go to the renaissance festival with me.
- She'll read stories about vampires.
- She'll act excited when I'm excited about a boring technical project.
- Takes artsy photos and enjoys photography.
- If she receives chocolate, she'll share some with me.
- It's nice to be around her twenth-something youthful energy.
- She keeps our house free of rodents.
Sunday, February 8, 2009
So I finally put together a slide show of our fun trip. It was really amazing! It was busy and fun and great to see the cousins all together. I wish Bill could have come out, and of course DJ wasn't there, but everybody else was able to be there. Here are a few highlights.
Seeing Sally run to go greet grandma in the airport
Seeing Sally run to give Coleman a hug- she started when she first saw him, pretty far away!
Playing lots of fun games
Beading three bracelets- I didn't really want to go, but I couldn't get enough
Gourmet meal with only one child (and she slept the entire time!!)
Party with both sides of the family
Seeing most (but not quite all) the friends I wanted to see
Cuddling with Sally in a shared twin bed- I really did enjoy it!
Going to the Draper temple open house. This was amazing. While we were in the Celestial room, Sally said, "I hear Jesus." I didn't put that into her head. i don't know exactly what she experienced, but I know she did have an experience. it made me have one as well.
The trip was awesome and I can't wait to have another. Thanks to my parents for being the hosts with the most. They took care of us VERY well!